[Registrations for this year are closed.]
Ayaskala is organising a poetry writing competition to celebrate National Poetry Writing Month this April. The winners will be rewarded with cash prizes and exciting goodies!
Instructions to register:
– Fill the form.
– Join our Facebook group by typing ‘Ayaskala x National Poetry Writing Month’ in the search box (you will only be accepted if you’ve filled out the form).
– Follow us on our socials for more updates and announcements.
– Sit tight and get ready for some NaPoWriMo fun!!!
Read FAQs here.
Structure of this competition:
– Best poem of the day receives a shout-out on all our social media accounts.
– Each day’s deadline is 8 PM IST
– Weekly bests will be short-listed for honourable mentions.
– A record will be kept of all participants and they will be scored regularly.
– Three winners and three honourable mentions will be announced after careful evaluation by the judge(s) of the contest.
– First prize – 1000 INR + goodies
– Second prize – 500 INR + goodies
– Third prize – 250 INR + goodies
– 3 honourable mentions – a chance to publish their poems in our May Issue and receive editorial feedback + goodies
– Certificates for all participants
(Disclaimer – if you are a non-Indian participant and you bag any of these rewards, you will receive goodies and vouchers equivalent of the cash prize instead of the money.)
Judge: The contest will be judged by Saumya Kulshreshtha.
Saumya is an educator by profession, an art enthusiast by passion, an event and community curator by choice, and a writer at heart. She has made her name in more creative fields that you can count on your fingers – editing, translating, writing, voice-over, event curating, and so on. She is an educator through and through; she believes in the prowess of teaching and moulding young minds. She teaches poetry, mythology and communications at several schools and colleges. She has written and sung for stage, hosted sessions with famous personalities (Ruskin Bond, Imtiaz Ali, Piyush Mishra, Swanand Kirkire, Zakir Khan, etc.)
She swears by Faiz and Agha Shahid Ali. She has hosted multiple poetry and mythology workshops and continues to do so. Her love for poetry and mythology has led her to initiate passion projects Poets’ Collective and MahaVarta, the former being a collective of poets based out of Delhi as the name suggests and the latter is equivalent of a book club and discussion forum for mythology.
You can reach her at:
Instagram – @saumyakul
Twitter – @saumyakul